Citizens National Bank of Hillsboro - History
The Citizens National Bank was organized in April of 1893 as an independent community bank and has maintained that distinction through these 120+ years of operation.
The first location was at 106 East Elm Street (1893 to 1896).
The second location was in the former H&R Drug building on the northeast corner of Waco and Elm streets (1896 to 1912).
In 1912, the bank merged with Sturgis National Bank and moved into the Sturgis building on the south side of the courthouse square (1912 to 1965).
The fourth location is its present downtown location at 200 East Elm Street (1965 to present).
On May 17, 2007, the bank opened its branch location at 1300 Corsicana Highway.