The Citizens National Bank was organized in April of 1893 as an independent community bank and has maintained that distinction through these 100+ years of operation.
The first location was at 106 East Elm Street (1893 to 1896).
The second location was in the former H&R Drug building on the northeast corner of Waco and Elm streets (1896-1912).
In 1912, the bank merged with Sturgis National Bank and moved into the Sturgis building on the south side of the courthouse square (1912-1965).
The fourth location is its present downtown location at 200 East Elm Street (1965-present).
On May 17, 2007, the bank opened its branch location at 1300 Corsicana Highway.